stretching out like vast, cracked ice
[html]
300+

Io didn't sense Jacinto coming until he nudged her in the side. Her own tail flickered happily in response and she rested herself directly beside him. Io's head lay on his shoulder and she spoke softly, tiredness evident in her voice. 'Dzień dobry' the hybrid greeted gently, struggling to hold back a yawn. Bialy grazed slowly in the centre of the gyrus and Io gestured to him with her nose, 'My new horse. I am eager to see how well he rides'. He looked stable enough from down on the ground and he worked well so far, but the only way to definite this was to ride him, which would be impossible for another few weeks. Jacinto asked what the partly built construction was, the reddish hybrid answered quickly, 'It is, or will be, a gyrus. Roman's used them to battle train their horses. I considered just building a round pen, but a gyrus would serve as a lunging arena and for it's original purposes' she took a breath, but continued after. 'A gyrus was a large circular construction with tall sides, planks packed tightly so that they can't see outside. You stand on the inside and make noise, this desensitises the horses, you put blood down too. And after a while you can train them with all these distractions and they do not react'. Her words were proud, her eyes bright.

'How is your son?' Io asked, silver eyes flicking up to Jacinto's orange ones. 'I have not seen you around that much' she noted, her voice slightly unimpressed. 'I am sure they would feel you more honourable if you actually did some work as opposed to hiding is your room ashamed...' Her ears twitched as a gentle wind blew. 'You are here. It is not like you abandoned me'.

<style type="text/css">
.ioleave b {font-weight:bold; color:#ffffff; letter-spacing:1px; text-shadow: 0.1em 0.1em 0.1em #c7ad8d; }
.ioleave p {text-indent:0px; padding:6px 16px; margin:0px;}
.ioleave {margin:0 auto; width:500px; background-color:#10293d; background-image:url(http://i910.photobucket.com/albums/ac30 ... 079ccc.jpg); background-position:bottom center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #74644e; padding: 3px 0px 230px 0px; font-family: Georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#609aae; text-shadow: 0.1em 0.1em 0.2em #; letter-spacing:.6px; word-spacing:.9x; line-height:13.5px; text-align:justify;}
</style>[/html]

Messages In This Thread