that smile behind iron bars
OOC summary: we're only missing two posts, yeah? Wink Myrika urges jacinto to tell her what's wrong. Jacinto does so!

[html]

(--) Do not!

Myrika is by me!

Myrika was glad she'd gotten on a level with Jacinto as he spoke. It took all the strength in her not to reel back and whimper something unintelligible at him and go running into the mansion. She might even scream like the tip of her tail was on fire, too. Being close to the earth was helping to abate that feeling of intense distaste -- and not just because it involved babies, but because what had to have happened to result in babies in the first place. Her mind served up several choice images, which she soundly rejected and chased from her mind.

Despite her own feelings on the matter, Myrika knew she could not make a decision regarding a member of Inferni -- and a cousin at that -- based on her own hang-ups, strange as they were. Talking about anything related to sex or reproduction was exceeding difficult for Myrika, and this was just such a situation where the fact that she was a leader meant she had to confront her discomfort. And, in any case, it wasn't as if she needed to ask Jacinto for a play-by-play of how it had happened -- that was fairly obvious. And the misery on her cousin's face, too, helped abate the Aquila's discomfort. Surely Jacinto didn't like telling her this any more than she liked hearing it.

Hey, she said, shaking her head. No, it's okay. You did the right thing by telling me. Where are you gonna go? I guess you'd be gone maybe half a year, a year? Think you could bring back a great grand-kid for Kaena? She'll be pretty upset with you if you don't. Myrika smiled, and strangely enough, found that her smile came easily and without excessive cajoling on her end. You can always come back, Jacinto. You haven't done anything that would make you an exile, have you? She assumed, since the mother was apparently involving Jacinto in the raising of the children, she had been a consenting party to the conception. Myrika also could not imagine sweet Jacinto taking a woman by force -- he seemed the exact opposite of such a type.

<style>
@import url('http://sleepyglow.net/rp/post.css');
</style>[/html]

Messages In This Thread