And if I never knew you...
[html]
The Witch Doctor

Word Count → 360 :: Mood swings. Also, due to laziness, some posts will be on Ink's account, some on Sky's.

Sky didn't understand why Shawchert would answer. At first, she opened her mouth to scold him, to demand an answer, but the ferret cut in and stole his attention. She looked at him hard and those eyes narrowed. Why... wouldn't he say anything? Fear clenched her, suddenly. Back in AniWaya, during the war, she'd had her tongue torn in half for talking out. Eyes widened a moment, then it was straight into medic and worry mode. Except... not. She pushed away her fear for him and decided that, if she was going to discover what kept him silent, she'd have to at least let him feel comfortable. She sat up, stradling him gently now, using one hand to rub away any moisture left on her eyes. She looked down to the ferret and smiled. ...you're a cutie. M'name's Sky.

Then, attention returned to the silent giant underneath her. She reached forward tentatively, bringing a hand to his cheek and moving to turn his head to face her. You had me worried sick, you know that? You vanished off the face of the Earth and then after that... Her throat tightened. After that, she'd lost everything. Almost everything, anyway. Her children, beloved little pups, were in the den asleep.

...Skye betrayed me. She admitted, torn ears pinning back against once-again blonde hair (the tips were still purple, but faded from her lack of attention to her optime form). She kicked me out of d'Arte, away from Taliesin and everyone. I live here, in New Dawn now. With my pups. She smiled then, leaning down to push her nose against his cheek. Lena and Cody. Cody reminds me of you... even though he's not yours. He's brave and talented and always protecting Lena.

The topic changed quickly though, straight back to him. She demanded eye contact, now. Tell me you'll stay for the night. Rest, eat, relax. Whatever's happened, you're safe here. There's a small cabin nearby you can sleep in. It's just outside the borders so you'll be safe. Let me take care of you. Please, Shaw. Her voice cracked slightly with worry and fear that he'd refuse.

<style type="text/css">
.bobcat1 b {font-weight:bold; color:#ffffff; letter-spacing:1px; text-shadow:#051200 1px 1px 1px;}
.bobcat1 p.ooc {font-style:italic; text-indent:0px; padding:0px 5px;}
.bobcat1 p.ooc + p {padding:0px 5px;}
.bobcat1 .wc {text-transform: uppercase; font-weight:bold; color:#603819; text-shadow:#000000 1px 1px 1px;}
.bobcat1 p {text-indent:25px; padding:5px 5px; margin:0px;}
.bobcat1 {margin:0px auto; width: 450px; background-color:#a08f7d; background-image:url(http://i.imgur.com/r7cPj.png); background-position:bottom right; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #000000; padding:0px 0px 270px 0px; font-family: georgia, sans-serif; font-size:12px; color:#41240f; line-height:16px; letter-spacing:.5px;}
.bobcat1 .name {color:#603819; font-size:50px; font-family: 'IM Fell English SC'; text-align:left; text-indent:5px; text-shadow:#000000 1px 1px 1px;}
.bobcat1 b:before {
content: open-quote; }
.bobcat1 b:after {
content: close-quote; }
</style>

[/html]

Messages In This Thread