Deja Vu
[html]
OOCEpic, post was epic...this one...not so much >.<Word Count :: 468

He ducked under the strap of his shield and placed it aside, putting his back against the trunk of a pine. He kept his hood up in the chance that it began to rain. The clouds loomed dark and damp overhead, threatening as ever, but he was prepared. Not that his cloak was all that sturdy, but it was certainly better than nothing. It kept most of his face concealed with nothing but his brown muzzle poking out from the forest-green fabric. He sat with one knee up the other leg flat on the ground, prepared to stand at a moments notice. He shouldn't be here, he knew that, it was only a matter of time before something happened. His ear twitched suddenly as he heard the bark of someone drawing near. He leapt to his feet, hand on his sword hilt, watching as the woman stepped out from behind some brush.

She was unclothed, unarmed, all wolf, and his fingers slowly withdrew from the sword’s hilt. It was an awful habit to so quickly reach for his blade, but one couldn't be too safe, not in these times. "Forgive me, my lady. I didn't see you there." His brown tipped tail was low and still, he flattened his ears at the tone of her voice, keeping his eyes on the ground. The Callow knight drew away his hood, shaking out his short-cropped mane. So she could get a proper look at him. A cream-hued hand came to tend to it. He combed it through and ruffled it up the front. How he hated it when his hair was disheveled like this, and raced quickly to remedy it.

The woman was abrupt and straight to the point, introducing herself with an edge of authority to her otherwise soft voice. His suspicions were confirmed when she stated that she was from New Dawn, and an Epsilon at that. "I'm Alister Callow, a pleasure, my lady." He replied, bowing. She was not so hostile as Fayne had been at first, and he was grateful for it. It would be tiresome to have to undergo the entire ordeal once again, he decided he'd make it easier on the woman. "New Dawn, huh? I've uh..met some of your pack mates." He'd met two in fact. "I've heard of your troubles...Thought I could help...I don't know...keep watch?" He hoped this would explain to her his good intentions.

"Tell me, how is Fayne?" He asked curiously after a beat, wondering after the compassionate silvery woman. "I'd almost thought you were her." Or hoped. She'd been kind to him, one of few. Even young Jiva had given him a bit of a harder time, though he'd been eager to learn the knight's teachings. "And Jiva?" his tail wagging all the same. "Is he still practicing?"

Photo courtesy of Temari 09

<style>
.KMTT24611_AlisterCallow1 p {padding:0px 1px 5px 1px; margin:0px; text-indent:25px;}
.KMTT24611_AlisterCallow1 b {font-family:verdana; color:#001e5d; margin:5px; font-size:9px; font-weight:bold; letter-spacing:1px;}
.KMTT24611_AlisterCallow1 {background-color:#4e879e; font-family:verdana; font-size:10px; color:#000000; line-height:12px; width:500px; text-align:justify; background-image:url(http://img209.imageshack.us/img209/8987 ... callow.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; padding:272px 0px 5px 0px; border:1px solid #000000; margin:0 auto; box-shadow:2px 2px 3px #1d1d1d; -moz-box-shadow:2px 2px 3px #1d1d1d; -webkit-box-shadow:2px 2px 3px #1d1d1d;}
.KMTT24611_AlisterCallow1 .inner {margin:0 20px; border-radius:0px; border:0px ; }
.KMTT24611_AlisterCallow1 .ooc {text-align:left; font-family:verdana; color:#000000; font-size:9px; padding:1px 18px 0px 18px; border-bottom:2px dotted #000000; }
p.template-credit {text-indent:0px; text-align:center; font-size:10px; font-style:italic; width:425px; text-align:center; margin:0px auto;}</style>
[/html]

Messages In This Thread