Time to Play
[html]
http://i18.photobucket.com/albums/b137/ ... ndrops.png); background-color:#d9d3cd; background-repeat: no-repeat; background-position: top; padding-bottom: 0px; padding-left: 0px; padding-right:0px; padding-top: 300px; border-radius:15px; -moz-border-radius:15px; -webkit-border-radius:15px; border-bottom-left-radius:15px; border-top-right-radius:15px; -moz-border-bottom-left-radius:15px; -webkit-border-top-right-radius:15px; -moz-border-bottom-left-radius:15px; -webkit-border-top-right-radius:15px;">

ooc:

It took a little time and some determination on the little one’s part, but X’yrin had faith that he would accomplish this little test of the senses. Nomad pups were not often trained like this. As it was regrettable to admit, perhaps what the mother had done to this pup, the Nomad parents would often do to their defective children if their impairment kept them from working within their family. More often than not they were cared for at the beginning, then tested in ways that would suit theirs or other family. Success was praised highly, but a weak will was met with abandonment. It was a policy that had not changed in many generations, and in her time with them she had come to accept it. But here now…with essentially a little pup of her own, she was intent on doing everything within her power to grant him the life that was nearly robbed from him.

She lay there quietly among the grass, keeping her breath calm and even as she watched the little one on his ‘search’. Admittedly, he was a resilient little one and careful in his observations. His ears would dance to the sounds of nature, then hone in on the sounds of her breath. He would come closer then, sniffing to make sure the scent was hers, then sprang and caught the she-wolf by the muzzle. “Oh no!!” she wailed. “I’ve been found!” But the capture was short-lived as the pup ran off to hide himself…in plain sight.

Giggling the would-be predator lowered herself to the ground and began sniffing doing as instructed and only using her nose to find him. She hummed thoughtfully, inching along the ground whilst following the scent of her charge. “Oh where could little Zeus be…?”

The little ball of gold and black speckled fur was easy enough to find, but she would not spring just yet. Instead she circled around, sniffing everything but him as if ‘missing’ him location, all the while humming thoughtfully. “Oh…where could he be?” Her nose brushed along his back and the feigned a gasp of shock as he was ‘found’. “Look what I found!” she sang merrily. “A little pup all my own!” She proceeded then to bury her nose in his tiny belly, lapping wherever her tongue could reach.

386 words.

<style>
.ooctable, .oocinfo {
background-image:none;
padding:10px;
line-height:12px;
margin:5px auto; width:85%;
background-color:#938d93;
border:1px solid #2d242d;
font-size:10px;
color:#2d242d;
border-radius:2px;