a little inept
[html]On a bed of undergrowth Galleta sat, continuing to look rather upset, and with no one else around for the moment besides the prey she'd just frightened off, it could be accurately assumed she was either angry at her victim or herself. But of course, she was loathing herself for her ineptitude at what should have been a very basic skill, and missing something she ought to have caught. She had all the components, and yet whenever she tried to compose them all in the effort of a hung she seemed always to fall short, or use some of what seemed to be an excess of luck to get her land meals. Shouldn't it be as easy as fishing? Her self loathing only deepened at the thought of those silvery bodies that had become almost easy to catch, her expression falling from tense anger to something a little more hopeless.

At the slight sound of footfall Gal's ears swiveled, seeking the source, and her head was soon to follow, nose working to figure out what it was, hoping idly that it was some prey of an attainable size for one so small as she. But instead her almost depressed stare fell on a fellow canine with a rather impressive auburn mane, and she carried the scent of the area, which Gal could only assume meant that she had accidentally crossed some border or was just about to, her ears folded slightly backwards at the realization, and also to show her lack of threat, though uncertainty had her clamoring back to her feet so she might be able to more easily escape if the encounter turned violent. Gal had been presented with good reason to doubt strangers in the past, and while the memories were still fresh the lessons wouldn't be forgotten.

"Oh," she started, clearly having set the situation up to be something bad, her features relaxed slightly into something a little more friendly and a little less terrified, "Yes, I suppose so, just..," dare she share her shortcomings with a perfect stranger? "I'm not good at hunting today, I guess," she stated rather simply with a small sigh, her foreign accent making certain words near indecipherable, if her trouble with grammar wasn't enough. All of her being seemed to droop as she admitted this, over exaggerating the downtrodden feeling that accompanied her situation, just as she was accustomed to doing.
( 407 )
[/html]

Messages In This Thread