plucking strings and broken wings
[html]

sorry for the wait!

The cat's smile broadened wryly as he saw the pride wafting towards his nose, almost like a scent.. but more like a sense. He truly never understood packs and clans and tribes and whatever else there was, and he most certainly did not understand the pride that canines took in their particular packs. He cocked his head as the woman said that there were ten years' worth of history - that was nearly an entire lifetime to a dog, and perhaps more than a lifetime to a wild cat such as Element. Quite a lot of history indeed.

He sniffed, wondering how much to tell this woman - there was no harm in letting a little of the truth slip through, but there was also no reason to tell her the entire truth. Her question bemused him before he realized - their history? Or ours? he thought. "All great legacies have dark stains. I once had a companion," he said, "and now I do not." It was a simple way of putting it - once she was there, and now she is there no more. It was as simple as the feline could put it, and yet, the emotions that accompanied it were never simple. But he had contained it - no more did he hold bitter despair in his heart, although it still held aches of past. He remembered the skulls of the dead lining the borders of the clan - perhaps they, too, had companions whose hearts ached.

<style type="text/css">
.elementdark b {font-weight:normal; color:#49e349; letter-spacing:.5px; }
.elementdarkooc {text-align:right;font-style:italic; padding: 5px 5px 5px 5px; font-family:verdana, sans-serif; font-size:10px;color:#fff;}
.elementdark p {text-indent:25px; padding:1px 10px 1px 10px; margin:0px;}
.elementdark {margin:0 auto; width:409px; background-color:#000; background-image:url(http://i776.photobucket.com/albums/yy46 ... ntdark.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:3px double #fff; padding: 320px 0px 10px 0px; font-family: Lucida Sans Unicode, sans-serif; font-size:11px; color:#fff; line-height:12px; letter-spacing:.5px; text-align:justify;word-spacing:.5px;}
</style>
[/html]

Messages In This Thread