inside and out
[html]

--

There were three locks on the door, as well as a bar that hung across for extra reinforcement. This bar and one of the locks--a deadbolt--were originals. The second two he had added himself. Both were padlocks, one of which was a combination lock and the other had a key. He'd found the keys to both the deadbolt and the padlock inside the shed when he first found it, and the padlock he'd gotten from the basement of the mansion. It was still wrapped, and he'd found the combination for it, memorised it, and burned the piece of paper that gave it away.
Fully shifted and never too alone, he wasn't terribly worried about her escaping. "Stand back," he commanded. Anselm carefully undid each of the locks in turn, and only lifted the bar once he was ready. In a flash he threw open the door just wide enough for him to step inside, slammed it behind him, and thrust the key for the deadbolt into the lock (it locked from both sides, how convenient). He blinked for a few moments as his eyes adjusted to the dull light in the small room and set down his pack on the floor. He'd brought things.
Rummaging through it, he produced several books. "I brought you these. I didn't know if you could read or not, so I tried to find ones with lots of pictures. Destroy them if it makes you feel better, I don't particularly care." He tossed them down to the floor nearby her--to him, this was being extremely generous. At least in this way, she could distract herself in some way. "Also this," he said, and tossed an adolescent gosling in her direction. Its neck had been snapped, and it was still warm. Watching her carefully, he decided to feel out her reaction before continuing.
[/html]

Messages In This Thread