Blood on my hands
[html]

Yeah, I was pretty worried with the splint, typing one handed was hard. But at least with that off it isn't too bad, I just have to angle the keyboard a certain way and all. :x

Anselm would forever reject the idea of fate or destiny. Even so, his imagination ran rampant--it was so easy to think this some fictitious god's masterpiece. It was just too perfect. Essentially, she couldn't have found a better person to talk to about this problem. Could she see it the same way that he did? Hopefully he'd help her to open her eyes and see the light; hopefully, she'd learn to embrace the logic and instinct that she was clearly denying herself.
"It is our duty and instinct to protect those we care about," he assured her. "Conversely, it goes against our honour to slay the weak or defenceless. A 'monster' would have continued anyway, but you stopped yourself. I don't see how you can consider yourself a monster at all." He certainly didn't think her crazy, either; he knew plenty of folks who were truly mad. They were ruthless and would attack without good reason at all. She was about as justified in her actions as she could be, assuming he wasn't missing some key part of the story.
"Anyway, it won't do to deny yourself like that. Don't tell me that you've done things you'd never do, because you've obviously done them. Trying to beat that down will only drive you mad. Trust your own instincts. As far as I'm concerned, they haven't led you astray so far. There's no reason to think they would in the future." Savina seemed sensible enough, just maybe a bit in denial... maybe a bit naive. These were lessons that were beaten into him practically since day one, and it felt borderline ridiculous to explain them to an intelligent adult. What different worlds they came from.
[/html]

Messages In This Thread