[M]There's a hole that can't be filled...
[html]

I'm fast tonight! :o

The somber knight finally looked up at her, tears flowing from his eyes. She didn't think she'd ever seen him cry before, but she didn't judge him for it. Tears were inevitable when something went awry and sometimes they couldn't be avoided. Sidra knew that, often doing her best to hide her own salty tears. Her hand raised to cup his cheek as he started to speak, finally revealing the reason behind all the drinking, smoking, and self neglecting. Her face contorted into a worried and saddened gaze on Aro as he told her that Eclipse had miscarried. Somehow it was hard for her to hear too, just because the unborn pups had made Aro so happy. Even when all her jealousies were pinned on the woman and Aro, she still felt bad. It was causing her knight so much pain. Her eyes never left him as he spoke and she moved her hand from his face to his thigh, just so he knew she was still there listening.

He went on about how he couldn't help them. But, what could he have done? Nothing. It was a sad occurrence but things like this happen and there's nothing anyone can do to stop them. She kept quiet as he displayed his anger, leaving the bed and rushing to the drawer where he'd put the book. Her ears pinned back getting emotional seeing him like this. He was a mess and she could understand the pain he was feeling...it was horrible. A pain so deep it seems to eat away at you and cause you so much misery you think you'll never recover. The book must have been the gift he went to Halifax to get for her. As he got the book, he almost went for some more alcohol but stopped himself at the last second. Now, if he had drank Sidra wouldn't have stopped him and drank with him. He needed it now, she understood that. She nodded and spoke, her voice small and sad. Yes, I can. He took the book as he came to sit back down and looked at him trying to wash away some of the sadness in her eyes. She needed to be strong for him.

Her eyes fell to the book almost hesitant to read the contents. But, she pushed back her silly fears and opened the cover to read what Aro had written inside. It was a letter to the pups he wasn't going to have. As she read, she got the lump in her throat that said she wanted to cry too. Cry for Aro and his loss. She held it back and continued to read the sweet words he had written. She choked up at the end, her voice gone for a minute as she looked up at him. She should have at least read this...its beautiful Aro. Sidra took a breath and scooted close to him, pressing herself up against him. She moved to take his hand hoping she could help. You're not a failure. There is nothing you could have done to save those puppies whether you were there or not. It was the truth she only hoped he would believe. Things like this happen...maybe for a reason. I'm not sure. But, you're going to be a father someday. You've got plenty of time to do that. She looked down to the book and the written words and smiled. When you do have pups, they'll get to read this and you're going to make them happy. She didn't quite know who she was talking about when she said that, but secretly she hoped it'd be her. She wasn't ready yet, but one day she would be.

Sidra looked up to him again, the smile still on her face. It was hard to keep it there, but he needed to see the smile and know that this wasn't the end of things. He would move past this. I'm so sorry this happened. I'm here whenever you need me.

<style type="text/css">
.moocow-fb b {font-weight:bold; color:#fdfcfa; text-shadow:#3e2a4d 1px 1px 2px; letter-spacing:-.5px;}
.moocow-fb .ooc {font-style:italic; padding:3px; text-align:center;}
.moocow-fb .line {width:410px; border-bottom:1px solid #fdfcfa; margin:0 auto 3px auto;}
.moocow-fb p {text-indent:0px; padding:5px 15px; margin:0px;}
.moocow-fb {margin:0 auto; width:485px; background-color:#754f92; background-image:url(http://i.imgur.com/vIJsl.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #3e2a4d; padding:230px 0px 10px 0px; font-family: Georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#3e2a4d; line-height:14px; letter-spacing:.5px; text-align:justify;}
</style>[/html]

Messages In This Thread