Angry Tears
[html]

OOC.

Word Count → 491

For a moment Neela was scared that Adelle might actually attack her, the young girl puffed up and angry at Neelas words but as she carried on speaking Adelle seemed to deflate, going from angry to sad. Neela didn’t say anything in response to Adelle at the end, instead she quietly pulled herself onto her feet and plodded over, bumping Adelle’s thigh lightly with her head and resting it there. She wanted to do something more to try and comfort the girl, to hug her or something but her pregnancy and choice of Lupus form for it denied her this, so she just offered what comfort she could.

”Life is a cruel cycle of pain, at the heart of it.” she said softly, ”There are good moments yes, things that make it worth living but in the end it is how we deal with the bad that defines us. It’s cruel that you’ve had to experience this so young, but that’s how the world is sometimes.” Neela herself felt depressed somewhat now, talking to Adelle had drawn up unhappy thoughts she normally tried not to think about. ”Someday I will be dead and my children will be hurt and angry, maybe even having his conversation with you or one of the other pack members, and then one day they will die, leaving behind children of their own and it goes on and on and through it all the world remains uncaring. The humans are gone, wiped out completely. An entire race destroyed itself and the world barely skipped a beat. Much as we love them, if the loss of an entire species didn’t stop the world, one Luperci won’t change anything except for us.”

Neela was tired today and even this short burst of standing was taxing her legs so she sat down heavily, leaving her flank resting against Adelle’s leg. ”I didn’t know your grandfather well but I knew him a little, knew of him. Regner was a strong man, but well aware of his mortality; as much as he tried to hide it from you. He was dying long before he stepped into the sparring ring with Enzo, he tried to hide it but it was obvious if you looked for it. He was old, he hid it to save you as much pain as possible, he loved you.” Neela’s words were guesses, made based on observations of Adelle’s grandfather during the time he had been alive but she hoped that they were accurate, that they helped, ”It’s natural that his loss hurts you but you need to deal with the pain. What would he have wanted you to do? I’m not going to presume to answer the question, I didn’t know him well enough, but think about it. Would be have wanted you to mope, lose yourself in despair or would he have wanted you to pick yourself back up and honour his life, not bemoan it’s loss.?”

<style type="text/css"> .neelastar b {font-weight:bold; color:#37370f; letter-spacing:1px; font-size:13px;} .neelastar p {text-indent:25px; padding:5px 13px; margin:0px;} .neelastar {margin:0px auto; width:500px; background-color:#909179; background-image:url(http://i39.tinypic.com/357on02.jpg); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #2c392f; padding: 415px 0px 3px 0px; font-family: georgia, sans-serif; font-size:12px; color:#dfdcd6; line-height:16px; letter-spacing:.5px; text-align:justify;} .neelastar .wordcount {color:#37370f; letter-spacing:0px; font-size:11px; font-weight:bold; border-top:1px dashed #dfdcd6; text-align:right; padding:0px 5px; text-transform:uppercase; margin:0px 15px 15px 15px;} .neelastar .ooc {font-style:italic; font-size:11px;} </style>[/html]

Messages In This Thread