is it bright where you are?
[html]

Alexey nodded her appreciation, satisfied with his actions. He hadn't taken the food off the stick for her and she was thankful for that. Most luperci probably would've treated her differently due to her inability to shift, but not him. Being a nonnisi wasn't a handicap, and it was about time people started understanding that. Using one of her front paws to hold the skewer, the golden femme gently tugged at the meat before savoring her first bite. Her eyes closed momentarily, indicating that this badger was the best meal she'd had in a long time. At this very moment, Lexey felt like a little princess.

Of course, that feeling didn't last very long. His question was enough to burst her bubble, reminding her that they did live in a cruel world. "Yeah, I was" she mumbled, her voice barely above a whisper. She was ashamed. The little wolfess had failed in many ways that night; not only had she allowed them to kidnap Firefly, but she had also taken quite a beating. ""I'd ask you the same question, but I don't remember seeing you there. So how did you get that wound?" Her interest was genuine, and his story would help her forget her own problems, if only for a little while.

[/html]

Messages In This Thread