These Dreams Escape Me
[html]
http://i18.photobucket.com/albums/b137/ ... lity_1.png); background-color:#b69062; background-repeat: no-repeat; background-position: top; padding-bottom: 0px; padding-left: 0px; padding-right:0px; padding-top: 285px; border-radius:15px; -moz-border-radius:15px; -webkit-border-radius:15px; border-bottom-left-radius:15px; border-top-right-radius:15px; -moz-border-bottom-left-radius:15px; -webkit-border-top-right-radius:15px; -moz-border-bottom-left-radius:15px; -webkit-border-top-right-radius:15px;">

ooc:

25th Afternoon- Evening | Secui | Restless and Hungry

His way of prodding her never ceased to bring a smile to her face, even if the words were not always soft and sweet. They were his words, lavished with the unmistakable charm of the Lambda. She would laugh softly as his attempt at humor and be grateful for his positive inclination that this sickness was possibly more than just thought. But the glittering light in her eyes would appear to dull when she pondered on it, calling back to her home in the Wentworth when she was stricken by a similar ailment. She had thought then that the cause was her body accommodating life taking root within her, but was devastated to find it was not the case. She hoped the same would not be said of her now... but it was difficult to think otherwise when she had failed times before.

But word of her Family doing well did lift her spirits some. Enough to rekindle that bit of life behind her eyes and let it smolder with the kindling of good news. "I'm glad..." she sighed softly and wagged her tongue for the Lambda's cheek. He had taken great strides to see to the Family's well being despite his role...and it was encouraging. She feared he would be the outsider, the disinterested. But he had gone to lengths his family was not known for and managed to adapt himself to this...different way of Nomad life. It was heartening...truly so and inspired hope that the others would follow such an example in due time.

Yet he professed his concern was not only with their Family, but with the Shepard lying about and refusing to eat. Her ears pulled forward from under the pile and brows raised in alarm as he spoke of forfeiting his own rations. "No." The Nomad uttered soundly. She shook her head from under the blankets then gathered what energy she could muster from her reserves to lift herself up to a seated position. Her forelimbs shook under her own weight but became firm as the Nomad's expression hardened. "My strength is fine X'ies. See? Am I not able to rise?" -But oh, how it pained her!- "It is not a risk, but a certainty. I will be fine and have eaten enough before the storm to sustain me. Truly. When..." her ears drew back as he hesitated. "When I has though to carry before, I took care of my pack and all its responsibilities without a moment's pause...and I prevailed. This is but another similar circumstance, and I will ensure the Family and myself prevail. Please...do not worry."

434 words.

[/html]

Messages In This Thread