ghosts of tomorrow
DaVinci rolled his eyes at the words his sibling granted him, a soft chuckle rose from his throat as he shot back. "I've already taken my turn raising a kid.. Firefly was more than enough for me, stubborn, bossy, wild and into everything..." He was quiet a moment as he thought about his kid sister he'd taken under his wing grudgingly at first, but over time growing to some sortof strange fatherly figure in her life. His stormy eyes turned towards Naniko as he teased. "Don't think I'll be letting your spoiled brats be calling me uncle either. That makes me seem even older than I am." he said with a grin.

When Naniko spoke of the lay of the lands and all the places he could go DaVinci wasn't for certain if he even knew what he was doing with himself. He'd hardly been in the lands a moment and one of her own pack's children had clung to him like a burr. He decided not to bring up the subject with Naniko, knowing that she'd begin to worry and fret about the small boy like all mothers. His eyes turned towards the north as he thought about her words before shaking his head. "I don't know.. I'll probably just roam and sleep where my paws fall for the night until I find someplace that suits.." he was pulled from his thoughts as the older of the mass of Sadira children that had clung to Iskata through blood or adoption asked him a question that seemed to burst from inside.

He grinned at her as they approached the house, his voice teasing as he asked. "What me? I wasn't up to anything.. just trying my hand at some different trades.. " he raised his eyes up to the heaven as he tried to go for the innocent look as he rattled off oh so boringly the events of his past life away from home. "Dabbled in being a deckhand.. played savages in an wolf clan in Eire, ported all along the Europe coast... met a million faces and broke a hundred hearts.." his grin flashed quickly as he shrugged. "You know.. the everyday life of a little brother.." He'd been joking for the most part about the last bit. He hadn't been carefree with his heart or his lusts. The male had never really adjusted to believing that anyone could look past his bloodlines, past his looks to see the dark brooding youth below. Sure once or twice he'd taken a girl(or boy) by the hand, but more than once it had been the other way around and in shocked amazement he'd been wanted for who he was if only for a moment or two. Even with the truth he still didn't believe he was something that could be loved outside the views of a family.

Messages In This Thread