Dream World
[Sorry for not being able to match your length. I've been a little distracted this week, but my next replies will be up to par. Smile ]

Grayson's ear tipped ever so slightly to catch the smooth gilded tones coming from the female's mouth, fingers tightening imperceptibly around the walking stick. Her uneasiness did not seem to perturb him. On the contrary, he continued to stare as if oblivious to the painted woman's discomfort, her cold affront washing over him almost like a passing thought. She was beautiful. Goddess in wolfskin. He allowed himself to acknowledge as much, but nothing more. Life was too short and flesh too abundant for admiration.

"I know," he replied simply, finally shifting from his stone-solid stance and calmly walking around to the backside of the tree, bare feet crunching soft whispers on the grass. He was not bothering to be quiet or at all stealthy, but the clumsy limp made it difficult to do so anyway.

"I, uh. Didn't mean ta wake y'up." His voice drifted around the bark, with a dry, sympathetic inflection that had not been previously obvious. He was kicking around in the grass, investigating a glimmer; there. Grayson knelt and with his right index finger lifted a strand of something silver from the weeds, attached a small red bauble. It might have been a jewel, but the colour was too dull. He straightened like an old man, frowning at the fresh rush of pain flooding his thigh. The pain meant he was regaining feeling, coming in spurts and flashes. Hope remained.

Grayson lifted the necklace to the light, as if admiring it. It had come from his backpack, so...the rest of it might have been nearby.

Messages In This Thread