the forgotten one
*dies* Poor DaVinci is so clueless it just makes it even better. I think someone does need to help the poor sap.

He'd offered to help the elder hybrid and his repay was the harsh truth thrust at him again aind again. He knew what he had been but the forgiving souls in his lifetime had given him grace from his childhood actions and he'd never had to confront the truth, the past, or what he was. Now from one of the few souls he'd thought could understand it seemed that the hatred he saw in the eyes of the world was shining with such fury that his pulse quickened as his heart skipped a beat.

He'd lowered his head shamefully as Laruku screamed again, he'd only wanted to help, he couldn't leave the man to waste away so alone with nothing but the wheezing rattling draws of air from the other patients as his company. Taking a step back he blurted out, "I'm sorry! I'm sorry, Laruku!" he called as the near corpse seemed to suddenly come alive with the passion and rage that the poor young hybrid seemed to have bred in the presence of the closest thing he had to a family member he thought could understand him.

He leapt to the side as he watched the jerky motions of the carmel hybrid throwing himself up from the bed and failing in his attempts. The lunge that came at him caused him to begin to babble, fear filling his mind as he tried to reply. "You wouldn't let him though, you couldn't do it.. you kept me alive!" For so long Davinci had wondered why Laruku had saved him, why he'd protected the child from his father when it would have made the whole world a quieter peaceful place if he'd just died. One less hybrid in the world, one less child of rape.

He backed away into the corner as he felt the slight quivering in his legs as he spoke softly, the words Laruku had left him with were words he'd thought of time and time again, but he knew he could never.. no matter how much he hated that face that gazed back at him in every reflective surface.. it wasn't worth the effort. "Do you think that will really change anything?" he asked, his voice hollow and filled with despair as he never came to realize that the male before him had no clue who he was at this moment.

Messages In This Thread