I pulled off your wings and I laughed
[html]

While she doubted Hildr would find the urge to bite at him, Siv couldn’t help but imagine such a thing happening. He was large and unsure around the animal, and dominate as she was, the mare would sense it. She would give him trouble until he asserted himself around her, though Siv would never allow any of that to bleed further into his life. She owned his body, even if she could not own his soul or mind. Yet she would try—oh she would plant dark seeds and let weeds and vines grow until they choked the very essence of his being dry.

From the bag she produced a section of supple leather and a comb fashioned from a prickly bush. The end of it had been smoothed and peeled clean, giving her ample room to grasp the contraption. “Yes,” she said quickly, hardly recognizing that such a thing would not only increase the horses’ value but get him better acquainted with the animal. “And especially after I ride. You will begin with this,” the witch-woman explained, holding up the comb. “Their fur is short in summer but it will grow. Things may get stuck in it.”

She displayed the proper way to curry, using the comb, and brushed loose hair and dirt free in the process. It fell through the air visibly. “Do this only along her top half. Her belly and legs are more sensitive. Once you finish with this, use the hide and go over her entirely.” To demonstrate this, she rubbed the leather along the mare’s back in a semi-circular motion. It was obvious that Hildr enjoyed it, given how she remained still. Her head had dropped to pick at the grass lining the area. Siv suspected that by next year the holding pen would be dirt.

“Here,” she handed both items back to him. “You show me.” It was not a request.

<style>
#siv-thor {
font-family:'times new roman', times, serif;
font-size:14px;
width:95%;
margin:0px auto;
line-height:18px;
}
#siv-thor p {
text-indent:50px;
padding:0;
margin:10px 0;
}
#siv-thor p.siv-img {
text-align:center;
text-indent:0;
font-size:11px;
font-style:italic;
float:right; margin:5px;
}
#siv-thor .txtooc {
text-align:left;
font-size:12px;
font-family:georgia, serif;
text-transform:none;
font-style:italic;
font-weight:normal; }
#siv-thor .txtooc .word { font-weight:bold; font-family:arial, helvetica, sans-serif; font-style:normal;}
#siv-thor b { letter-spacing:-.5px; font-family: georgia, serif; font-size: 12px; }
#siv-thor u { text-decoration: underline; }
#siv-thor b.npc { letter-spacing:.5px; font-style:italic; font-weight:normal; }
</style>[/html]

Messages In This Thread