deep in the town of Chewandswallow
[html]

She had met so many wolves that had disconnected from nature. Living as if they were born from something greater then the earth itself. They wore clothing and preferred walking along the broken pavement, carried weapons and lived under roofs. Anu enjoyed their company as much as any other, as odd as she thought it was, but would not stand aside and let any wolf hurt something her held so dear.

Looking at the tree again, she watched the tap as he explained it. To her eyes it looked as if it only penetrated the bark for no real reason. It really didn’t much sense to her, but she would take his word, for now at least. The moment she noticed that the large tree might be wilting she would make a move to remove the tap, even if he didn’t agree with her concern.

Looking back at his dark face she gave him a forced grin. She couldn’t be angry long and would rather try to believe his theory then argue with him. Taking a step away from the tree she realized that she was indeed hungry. Though still weary of the bow as well as his feelings towards trees in general, she was eager to run her resentment off.

“If you promise it won’t be hurt.” Pausing she gave him a real smile, “I guess I can let you cook me dinner.” She took off into the forest, her nose searching for any prey that might be foraging.

[/html]

Messages In This Thread