then i opened my eyes and the nightmare was me
[html]

The dog woman’s words were simple, her voice matter of fact: Levent had disobeyed her, and he had suffered the punishment, and that was all there was to it, no more than a logical statement one might offer to an insubordinate child. He was disgusted by how simple the words sounded to him, how it struck him with helplessness rather than drawing out the rage beating behind a ribcage like cold white fingers. She’d killed his children, his baby girl and little boy, but he had killed them, too. Maybe if he’d simply spoken the words, admitted the existence of his progeny, they’d still be alive. Had it been worth sheltering them only for them to die without knowing the woman?

All the shivering man could do was lower his eyes, and it was then he knew that she’d broken him, fully and completely.

A wind stirred the versicolor leaves of the wooded mountains, and Levent wrapped his arms a little more snugly around the bundle against his stomach. His dark ears immediately flattened at mention of a “drink,” but the thought of warm tea sounded exquisite, never mind who it came from. He hesitated, feeling cold to the bone in the mountains’ morning chill and with the beaten-down rage in his heart, and then nodded.

“I assume you have a better place to have said tea than this path,” the man stated, glancing down at the rocky drop-offs below them. Mai shifted again, and he reached back to rest his hand on her neck though her skin jumped under his touch as if he were an annoying fly, probably a fairly accurate thought. He grabbed her reins instead, waiting for Amy to lead the way, not before his eyes flickered over her sling. “Someone give you what you deserve, şeytan kadın?”

<style type="text/css">
.strvgrace-ooc {margin:0px auto; width:490px; padding: 3px 0px 3px 0px; font-size:9px; font-familyConfusedmall fonts; text-align:right;}
.strvgrace b {color:#050d12; letter-spacing:0px;}
.strvgrace b.npc {color:#e2eed4;}
.strvgrace p {text-indent:50px; padding:5px 15px; margin:0px;}
.strvgrace p:first-line {font-weight:bold; letter-spacing:-.5px;}
.strvgrace {margin:0 auto; width:500px; background-color:#617067; background-image:url(http://i.imgur.com/K6Rmn.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #1d211e; padding:370px 0px 5px 0px; font-family:tahoma; font-size:1em; color:#1d211e; text-align:justify;}
</style>[/html]

Messages In This Thread