Running from the fear
[html]

As much as Anu might be resentful towards the wolf that had hurt Naniko, it was important for her to know about their relationship. It was prevalent that Anu understood how she loved him, how he wronged her, and how he had even cared for her. It was such a part of her and Anu wanted to know every inch. If it made Naniko open up to the smaller sandy wolf, then Anu would be happy to listen.

There was so much history between them. And just from what Anu had heard so far it sounded like more history she had in her entire life. It was intimidating, but also gave a clear picture of Naniko’s loyalty. Faithfulness was something Anu was proud of, and was glad to share it with Naniko.

She composed herself, hardening her skin as she listened. All the names were foreign, but she held tight to them, ready to remember. She had even met one of the wolves she spoke of. Nothing, made her wonder. The usually calm fey made her opinion of this beast known, such a name for a truly worthless creature. Her body was relaxed, thinking about how many pups her friend would have, and how she liked Mati as a name as well. Even if it was Conri’s choice.

Her head moved to her soft white shoulder, eyes watching her talk. She was ready to respond, when Naniko’s next words left her speechless. Had she let her emotions play along her face? To often she let her feels flood her features for the world to interpret. Her head rose slowly from the shoulder, eyes watching her face for any hint of the words true meaning. But even her soft eyes gave Anu little to decipher. Stay with her here? At this moment? Or was she talking about tomorrow or the next day.

“If you want me to, I will stay.” Pausing to take a breath. “I want to.” It was all she could say for the moment, all that came to her mind, hoping it would allow her a few seconds of thought. Maybe she couldn’t always be there, but it was what she wanted. It was who she was; the need to please was so great that Anu could ignore her own pain until it killed her. She felt beyond selfish and ashamed for letting it show on her face.

“Only if you want me.” She spoke again, giving Naniko the option. She could send Anu away, with no hard feelings. It was her choice. If she wanted Anu then she would do what she could do stay at her side, but part of Anu knew that she was more attached then Naniko was. All she needed was a little encouragement, just a word that said she was doing what Naniko wanted, she wouldn’t survive without it.

[/html]

Messages In This Thread