that's all i ask for
[html]

SOMEWHERE THERE'S A CRACK IN THE SIDEWALK
BIGGER THAN THE SHADOW OF DEATH IN THIS TOWN

She smiled when Savina commented on her eyes. Lene had always talked about how they were so unique and Anselm had been the only other person that Ryan had met with the same shade of red, so far. She had been proud of the color as a child, for her mother always praised her for them. 'You have beautiful eyes, my child.' But now, her stomach turned sick. Even without seeing the two side by side, Savina had made the connection as well. She knew what Ryan knew deep inside of her – that Anselm really was her father.

"Yes," she responded, voice sinking to a whisper. So it was true. It had been him. Of course she already knew this, but it seemed solidified now. She looked up to Savina’s jade eyes, nodding. "Yes, his name was Anselm. That’s who I met. And I know it’s my father. He has to be. My mother told me my father’s name was Anselm de le Poer. That was him, wasn’t it? He was Anselm de le Poer!"

She almost didn’t hear what Savina said about her own family, since she was fighting too hard to keep the tears from spilling from her eyes. She didn’t know why, but suddenly she felt completely overwhelmed. What would she do now? It was clear she had found her father. But how would he respond when he discovered he had a child he never knew about?

[/html]

Messages In This Thread