i wanna heal your deepest scars
[html]
A small hint of anger burned in her eyes even as she scooped her niece up in her arms, holding her close, though doing so very lightly. She nosed at the top of the girls head for a moment, very small, faint nuzzles, and listened quietly for the words that might answer her questions and give truth to vague fears. Rachias had never been particularly close to anyone but Arkham, not even her own father, who she had tried so hard to be close to when she was younger. Things had changed the moment that she left Inferni in search of her missing brother though. She had come back with the realization that she may have lost him forever, then faced with the fact that her father may be dying as well. Rachias had to find someone to hold on to, to care for, and Talitha had never done a thing to warrant not caring for her.

"You don't have to say anything else." Rachias spoke suddenly, just as the younger girl's words faded off to silence, teeth and eyes clenched tight together. Perhaps it was because she knew Talitha wouldn't want to talk about it, but there was something inside Rachias that made her not want to hear it. Andre had always been a horrid little brat, intent of ruining the lives of anyone that he could, and she had known that for as far back as she could remember. She was foolish to think that he would just wander off and leave them be. Shaking her head softly, even if only to herself, she leaned her head forward and placed her nose against the top of Talitha's head for a moment, chocolate and cream hair spilling over her shoulders. What should she do or say? Rachias had little experience with such things.

Finally, fighting of the feeling that told her to hold on to Talitha and never let her go, she removed the end of her nose from the girls head, pulling back some to look down at her face, fighting away tears of her own. "Did you tell Gabriel?" It was the only thing that she could think of at the time, knowing that if she had, Andre wouldn't last very long. "I'm here if you ever need me, staying in a place called Esper Hollow." She needn't explain more than that, now wasn't the time to consider her own woes. "I will find him and I will make sure he never hurts anyone again." Even if it meant removing all of his limbs from his body.

[/html]

Messages In This Thread