sdrawkcab & umop apisdn
[html]

--

IC/OOC text separator

Matrix's views on life and death were stubborn, extremely complete (in her mind), and fairly miserable. To some extent, she believed that subscribing to the belief in a god or an afterlife was an act of weakness--it was for those who couldn't deal with the fact that this miserable life was really the start and end of it. Alternatively, she couldn't blame anybody else for not wanting to "open their eyes" to the truth. Most couldn't even handle it. Maybe nobody could, herself included. Maybe that was why she used the drugs to dull her mental pain--religion was not her opiate, as it was for the masses. She just cut out the middle man, but in the end she was just as weak as everybody else. Fuck. She chose to rationalise that she was somewhat better, though, for at least she saw everything as it was and didn't try to deny it entirely.

Regardless, she was quick to get lost in her own thoughts. The other's voice brought her back down to earth, and she noted the subtle irregularity of the question. Unsure of whether or not this was intentional, she decided it didn't matter--her answer wouldn't change much, anyway. Matrix wasn't really one to enjoy deep discussions, especially with strangers. It just seemed awkward. "I'm Matrix Thirteen; my mother grew up in this area, so I decided to check it out." This was the same information she had given Gabriel. "Apparently there is a city this way?" she asked, steering the conversation in a slightly different (and less personal) direction. Who knew; maybe this stranger could show her around. She didn't know where anything was at this point--food, fresh water, shelter. There was just a damned beach that she knew she wanted to mostly stay away from.
[/html]

Messages In This Thread