against all odds.
[html]

[ooc] -- i thought you'd be there.

holding daisies, counting stars. -- [bic]

Cercelee waited, navy eyes fixed on the male. Although she had asked her question in earnest, she did not think Khaden would require anything of her. What did she have to offer that could possibly benefit him? And so his answer took her by surprised. Nodding for him to continue, she shifted her weight off her bad leg and waited for the words to come. Whatever his request it was sure to be interesting, for Cercelee knew that this was no run-of-the-mill favor Khaden would ask Cercelee to do, in her state Khaden could just as easily do most anything better than she could herself. The words did come, and at first no request. He spoke of Ember, her cousin, friend, and once a pack mate. Cercelee smiled encouragingly at the words he spoke, for they only confirmed what Cercelee had guessed at the night Ember had hurt herself.

Khaden had been so concerned for her, so willing to do whatever was asked or need of him in order to serve Ember. His words mirrored this, but Cercelee couldn’t guess where he was going. For a moment Cercelee thought that Khaden would ask her to speak with Ember on his behalf, but remembering Ember’s reactions to the male that night, Cercelee guessed that Ember already felt the same for Khaden. Waiting, she held her breath as the request finally came, and then let it out slowly thinking it all over. I ask your permission to mate Ember Phoenix. For a moment she said nothing. Surprise, and joy, came at being asked. Also confusion, because Cercelee had learned that Ember’s mother was Iskata, and perhaps Khaden should be talking with her. However, Cercelee did not know if Iskata and Ember were close at all, her cousin never spoke of her mother and so Cercelee guessed not. Truly it did not matter, for Ember was free to do as she wished, and Khaden could proceed without Cercelee’s or Iskata’s say so, but it should a great respect for Ember that Khaden asked.

Ember is truly blessed to have someone such as yourself looking out for her. Cercelee grinned at him. It was true. How rare was it that someone found another being so willing to devout so much time and effort and attention to them, all while wearing a smile? I don’t know that I have the power to give you permission, Ember has the final say after all, but I certainly give you my blessing. Cercelee knew that when she spoke the words she meant them whole heartedly.

[/html]

Messages In This Thread