I have been a world apart
[html]

The silence was painful, but in a way Anu was grateful for it. It was only a single sentence, but its meaning was so much larger then that. Anu watched Iskata as the moments slipped by. At least her reaction would not be spontaneous. At least she was thinking seriously about what Anu had just told her. When she did speak, Anu watched her with pleading eyes. One word hit and stuck with her.

Forever?

She smiled at the thought. She had yesterday, today and every tomorrow till the day she died. The conversation she and Naniko had on the beach was fresh in her mind, and if Naniko had forever for Anu, then she had more then that for Naniko. Of course with the white fey’s history, it was only right for her mother to be protective over her.

The rain continued around them, pattering on the cottage’s roof. It filled the silence between them as Anu sought the answer to her question. “I’m certain.” That was easy to confess, and her heart tightened when the thought of being by the alabaster female’s side. Her voice was as hard and serious as Iskata’s and there was no uncertainty in her voice or mind. “I have as long as I live.”

Anu took a breath, letting her guard fall and her voice soften. “She’s asked me to be there for her and her children.” our children the words Naniko had spoken would not be real until they were here. “I’ll never hurt her, ever.” Thoughts drifted to the male who had, even if she went crazy she would jump off a cliff to prevent hurting Naniko. “And want to be there for her.” Those words were real.

[/html]

Messages In This Thread