drunk with vivid flame
[html]
http://i275.photobucket.com/albums/jj32 ... /nikt1.png); background-repeat: no-repeat;">

She nodded dully at his first statement, shutting her mouth and not saying anything as they both ambled on. She was almost completely absorbed in foreign thoughts when he interjected again, and she sighed. “I’m not sure, actually,” she said, somewhat surprised at how her voice didn’t sound nearly as raspy as it had before. He was right; she seemed to be improving in some aspects, while deteriorating in others. “I thought I was getting better, but I guess that only went as far as physically. I’d been having those weird daydreams for a while now, but they hadn’t really… done that before.” She shook her head, her eyes tracing her path in the ground. It had been so strange; she had completely lost all of her memories of the last year or so, and she had been completely transformed and transported back to that person she was and that time she had lived in. What kind of illness was this, that tampered with the mind as well as crippled the body?

Eventually the woods cleared out a little bit to where she could see camp once more. The faint rain and otherwise thick mist had kept many either away or indoors, so it was mostly deserted. She didn’t really pause; she only waited to see which direction Laurel would steer her towards. She hadn’t really thought that far ahead — her mind, or what little she could devote towards conscious thought, was very occupied at the moment.

[/html]

Messages In This Thread