The beginning of tomorrow
She sat there a moment watching the male as he eyed the cattle with such interest. She chuckled as he seemed to just be absorbed in his own thoughts as thought she wasn't there. Shaking her head at the new packmember, because now she could catch the light scent of the pack on the male, she laughed. "Don't fall into temptation just yet, you'll enjoy them more when winter hits.." She didn't know if she really needed to explain to the boy just what the whole reason for the lifestock was but she did anyways. "We figured that we'd take a page from the human's book.. Why hunt in the harsh of winter when we can keep the prey close at hand.." She shifted the basket of apples from one hip to the other as she continued. "Of course, we have to keep them fed, but in the end it will keep us strong as well."

She began to move along, until the words of the male cut in. She paused and turned to gaze at him as though he'd said something foolish. She teased the male slightly as she raised a brow. "I said tag along, not become my slave.." She flashed him a toothy grin as she turned back around. "Slaves could come in handy too.. willing slaves of course." She really didn't have any mind to keep slaves around but there was a slight dark humor behind the comment, she hoped the other wouldn't really catch the hint.

She hummed as they moved along, tilting her head to the side as they moved on towards the farmhouse where the cellar doors lay open to the world. "So, what's your name?" she asked, offering her own in exchange. "I'm Iskata, Matriarch here.." She didn't know if there was really any reason to explain her role in the lands but she did it anyways. She hoped that she wasn't scaring them away knowing that they were in the company of one of the leaders of the pack.

Messages In This Thread