I was goin’ nowhere fast
[html]
http://i76.photobucket.com/albums/j40/k ... efinal.png);background-repeat: no-repeat; padding-bottom:140px; background-position: bottom center;">
Phoenix could have used some cheering up right about then. He wasn’t sure if he could go on leading an entire pack. Not even his mate understood some of his decisions, and he was beginning to doubt them himself. He’d demoted her to Spaher recently in the hopes of finally getting her out of the den and giving her less time to brood. Plus with the ominous glares of Inerni looming over them (thanks in no small part to his own decisions) he wanted to beef up security in case of an attack, while at the same time keeping an eye on the borders in case their daughter ever returned. Still, it seemed a bit unfair to knock her down a few wrungs on the social ladder. She was upset with him and he knew it—but he was used to that by now.

What could he do though? Right now it seemed like his entire life revolved around making decisions. While most wolves preferred to have a sense of control over their lives, Phoenix seemed to have yet to develop the foresight to anticipate the ramifications of his actions. Control was just an illusion. He had just as much control over his life as he had when a measly loner youth who could barely eat and keep himself from being eaten. Anybody who craved the position of alpha was a fool who didn’t understand what true leadership was all about. As an alpha Phoenix was supposed to be a servant of his pack. But when was the last time someone had done something nice for him?

A voice penetrated through the ice of his brooding, and Phoenix realized there was a small female watching him. He didn’t really recognize this one, but she was without a doubt a Sadira. Putting on a charming smile, the male nodded. “M’name’s Phoenix,” he said. “You’re right, I am th’alpha a’Storm, but I’m somethin’ else that might be more interest to you, perhaps. I’m th’mate of Iskata Sadira, who I’m guessin’ is a relative a’yours?” It was unlikely that there would be two unrelated clans in with the same name in the same pack, after all. And she definitely had the features of a member of his mate’s family.
[/html]

Messages In This Thread