Crushing Daffodils

She smiled at her daughter's jests and just shook her head as she looked down at the girl, almost to the point where she couldn't look down at her, Magdalena was full grown and almost as tall as her own mother, which made being a parent a little bit hard. Her babes weren't kids anymore, though she was thankful that atleast one had found herway home. "Well, you can jest all you like.. as long as you're willing to take care of this bag of bones when I get old and moldy.." There were others in the pack that probably wouldn't have beleived that she said what she did, but she could joke and take jokes on herself and her age. She really wasn't that old but from time to time remembering that the old friends she'd known were long gone did make it seem like she'd already lived past her time.

Iskata sat back on her haunches and gazed thoughtfully at her daughter. She had been gone so often Iskata had wondered if she was ever coming home but it seemed that she was still here and that relieved some of the foolish worries that filled her mind. She smiled as Magdalena admitted that she'd probably fail at replanting the flowers and with a shake of her head the matriarch sighed. "There's no real point, by the time you found some and planted them the seasons would be changing once more." She smiled softly as she watched her daughter burying the evidence of her earlier affairs. Shaking her head she chuckled and moved past the flowerbed and on towards the porch.

The words of her daughter that reached her made the elder Sadira woman nod thoughtfully as she climbed the steps and settled herself onto the porch swing, her eyes turning back to Magdalena as she sighed. "Sometimes I just wonder if I'm really needed. Deuce and Hel take care of you all well enough, right?" She shouldn't have even let the words escape but the thought was there already and the words had escaped.

She turned her eyes away for a brief second as her daughter seemed to catch on to the absentminded half thoughts and distant looks her mother seemed to have on her face when she thought the world wasn't paying attention. She should have known by now though, leading a pack, there was someone always paying attention. Smiling at her eldest daughter Iskata admitted. "There's always things to worry about my dear. Some are just silly nothings, some just the worries of a mother over her children and a leader who mother's her pack." she laughed at the silliness of it all, the words making her sound twice as foolish as she could have imagined.

Her sun shot sky eyes moved over her daughter's face as she asked. "What do you want to do Magdalena.. there's probably a hundred things you can do.. if you tried. You're a great tracker.. you should know that. Look how well you found your way back home.. even after the fire and the whole valley up and moving.." she didn't like thinking about their whole past going up in smokes but it had happened and there was nothing she could do to change it now.

Messages In This Thread