warrant a name
[html]

Cercelee nodded in confirmation of Jefferson’s words. His description of Iskata’s leadership matched what Cercelee had assumed. Although she had only met the female twice, she had learned a lot of the older women, more than she had really wished to know. Cercelee knew that Iskata did not fully agree with all of Cercelee’s decisions in leading Dahlia de Mai, such as having Haku as her co-leader, and undoubtedly Cercelee would make changes in Phoenix Valley if she reigned there, but part of her had to respect Iskata.
Iskata’s nothing if not honest. It was Iskata’s tendency to share her opinions, whether wanted or not, with Cercelee that annoyed her the most. However, now Iskata had her own pack to fuss over and Cercelee had not heard from the female in sometime, so perhaps her interest in Dahlia de Mai had died away.

Cercelee smiled, of course it was within Jefferson’s rights to ask why Cercelee wished to know. In fact, had he not asked Cercelee would have assured him anyway, Cercelee was not spying or gathering information. It was a private inquiry, rather than one she would use in any manner. What she heard, she kept to herself.
I was only curious, really. I knew Iskata when she was a loner, hanging around my pack sometimes. I didn’t imagine she’d join a pack, much less lead her own. Yet people always surprised you, it was just interested to analyze those surprised after they occurred. Never thought you’d respect a leader, huh? Why’s that?

[/html]

Messages In This Thread