a death in the family
[html]

http://i144.photobucket.com/albums/r173 ... header.jpg); background-attach:top center; background-repeat: no-repeat; background-color:#162022;">

sharksArkham had grown up far removed from his father, and if it hadn't been for Rachias, he would have likely never bothered to seek him out at all. The distance had stemmed from his prevailing childhood apathy more than anything else though; it hadn't really been because of all the stories he'd heard, though they certainly didn't help the cause. But the fact of the time was that Laruku had lived far away and it would have taken more effort than the child ever felt like expending to get to him. There had been family enough on the beach -- no need to go out of his way to find someone so specific when there was a possibility the man might turn on him, right?

sharksNow, of course, the grey coyote had no such excuse. He had no home, so no distance was really "too far," and he no longer really felt like he had a family, so maybe the scarred up man really would count for something now. Arkham shrugged a little, but not really like he was blowing off his sister's suggestion. I suppose I will if you think that would help him.

sharksAt her explanation as to why she was no longer with Inferni, Arkham couldn't help but narrow his eyes. He was glad Gabriel had not allowed Rachias to run back into the fire to find him when he had already fled in the opposite direction, and his orders to the clan upon arriving in their new home did not particularly surprise him, but he didn't understand why his half-brother would go out of his way to torment a sick man that probably hadn't personally bothered him in many long months. Arkham understood Gabriel's prejudice, but at the same time, he felt like Gabriel also knew that blind persecution wasn't helping or protecting anyone. Still, he didn't distrust the dog-like man for his racist laws or the death of his blood brother; it was just those slips of mindless violence that came now and again that he did not trust. He couldn't trust someone who'd drove an entire valley of people out of their homes.

sharksThat Gabriel had been the one to start the fire sat on the tip of his tongue, but he decided there was no reason for Rachias to know, not if she already had so many other reasons she didn't like or trust him. Besides, Arkham still intended to speak to him about it -- he wanted to know what reason he had had, if any, for his actions, and that would be when he could finally decide whether or not he would leave Inferni for good.

sharksYou've never really felt at home there anyway, have you? he asked with a wry grin, though it soon faded. I don't know yet if I'll go back. I need to talk to Gabriel about some things first.

[/html]

Messages In This Thread