And you left me..
[html]

wc295

escape is never the safest path

Started to live a little. ...For some reason, the words sparked something in the hybrid's mind. It had something that had always been there, at least since his conversation with Laruku. He knew more about himself now. Jefferson had decided that he finally had things to live for, a feeling he had never found beforehand--he had family to find, stories to hear, memories to rediscover. For once in his life, Jefferson was finally becoming a 'somebody': he had a place in a pack, companions, and now a background story although it still needed some work before he could really begin to share it. His green eye watched Haku carefully but a snide, sarcastic smirk lightened his face at the term 'good friend'. Jefferson gave a subtle nod; he could have cared less for Deuce's late-night companions or her love life--or at that point, he could have cared less for her at all--but his mission was to keep an eye on emergencies in the pack. As long as he recognized this Haku as a character who wasn't out for blood or chaos, he didn't have to work any harder.

The fact that Haku asked for something further than his name startled Jefferson for some reason. He had nothing to hold back anymore, he decided, although he had originally wanted to keep his identity a ...secret. Did he really need to? He guessed not. He didn't know who this Haku was, but hell with it. "Yeah. I don't know who the hell you are or used to be, but if you knew a Maluki, I guess that's your answer." His vision strayed from here to there. Keeping secrets was never his thing anyway. "That's all the answer I got. Conked on the head and can't remember a thing."

[/html]

Messages In This Thread