the time of your life (you just can't tell)
[html]

I think we could end it right here, since Laruku has nothing more to say. I'm good with what we've got though. Big Grin From here, Jeffers can easily start filling in blanks.
wc293

escape is never the safest path

"Why should I have all the answers? He was right. Jefferson was expecting too much out of this stranger; they shared a lineage somehow, somewhere, but they were still somehow strangers. Laruku seemed to want nothing to do with Maluki or who he was now, even though Jefferson had opened up quite a bit without any intention to and dropped his guard for the longest time. He appreciated what had been said. He appreciated that he could now begin putting two and two together, instead of throwing guesses into the dark. He was finally appreciating that he had ended up in this sorry old valley, gimped and starving, and had given living there a chance. The brute would never have admitted it, but this new life was something he'd wanted for a long time.

"Fine," he muttered, letting his eye stray to the ocean again, taking a moment to watch as the waves rolled so peacefully. Time would go on. It was willing to leave him behind again, but this time... he wasn't about to be abandoned again. "You've told me what I needed to hear. That's what matters here. I'll find Iskata for the rest." He scowled. "Thanks." The creature turned, suddenly eager to return to Phoenix Valley where more answers possibly laid, hidden from his sight until that very moment. He began his limp away, passing the fellow hybrid as he went, but after he moved a few feet, he stopped and glanced over his shoulders. "Don't get yourself killed, scrappy. I'd be disappointed if you died off before I did." Perhaps it was an invitation to meet again, perhaps not. That was the wisdom of Jefferson; he was always enigmatic in his sarcasm. That said, his legs began moving again.

[/html]

Messages In This Thread