you don't recover from a night like this
[html]

wc298

escape is never the safest path

"It's not that hard to learn if you try," he said idly, eye focused on a headstone as he dusted it off. Something looked familiar about the name for a moment, but it passed. It was just another dead human, wasn't it? Why did he care? Why did he possess such sympathy for the dead? Pushing himself to his feet, Jefferson moved the fabric of the sling over his arm to a more comfortable position and glanced back at her. "I taught myself in my time as a loner. Didn't have anything better to do." More specifically, his reading capability was a bit low, and could only read small pieces of words or took a long amount of time to piece letters together. He had read the name 'Jefferson' before adopting it when he woke up without any memories, so it seemed this Maluki had possessed at least some intelligence.

As for ghosts, he was skeptical. He made a face and looked up at the evening sky, but offered a slight shrug of the shoulders. "Nothing against them if they exist. I don't have any ghosts tailing me around as far as I know. They'd be pretty damn disappointed if they were." He chuckled lightly to himself, gaze straying as he overlooked the small cemetery and shook his head a little. "I don't know much about the dead. I've killed plenty in my time... so far, none of them have been out to get me unless they sent the bear." He didn't bother to clarify that, now that he was thinking aloud and had disregarded her presence. "There's plenty reason for a lot of the dead to haunt though. I could care less if they were running around or not." His eye turned back to her. "And you, lass?"

[/html]

Messages In This Thread