never strain, never break
[html]
cake

i'm just a boat on the ocean
cakeTypical of himself, the black wolf felt her before he smelled her, smelled her before he heard her, and heard her before he saw her. The latter was namely because he didn't look; all senses were better than his eyesight, especially the sixth sense the mad prophet had identified. While clearer from a distance, it was still far from perfect. He needed his glasses; they served as a talisman for him, much like the butterfly knife he kept tucked away in the folds of the black band around his wrist, the one that blended with his dark fur. The man was glad he had held onto at least that, the night he had been attacked in the rain.

cakeThis place seemed more disorganized and casual than other places the doctor had been, and he was glad for it. There was no threat here. No potential assassin would smell like the halfling he had met the other day, unless it were a killer without a purpose. Bane had hidden himself well. Turning, he eyed the golden female placidly, smiling at her words. Another halfling. Three out of four he had met so far. He knew now his history was to remain buried, for the time being.

cakeAs he spoke he slowed down, but never fully stopped. Daylight this time of year didn't last forever. "I'm on a quest, my lady. An epic tale of danger and daring awaits me on the horizon." As the black wolf spoke the last words, he chuckled to himself. Ultimately, he knew he was an addict. Ultimately, it was what drove him. "Actually, I've left something back here, at the foot of a cliff. A cripple like me might take some time to reach it. Care to keep me company, if you've no other plans?"

[/html]

Messages In This Thread