burning the midnight oil - p sankor
The nervousness between the two was apparent as Sankor tried to awkwardly gather himself and retain some sense of control over his failed flight. The striking attention that the other was giving him made him wonder if he hadn't actually hurt her or atleast scared the daylights out of the poor woman. When she spoke the whispers were back for a moment until it seemed that she pulled herself back from recovery. The black and mahagony male offered her a dashing grin as she explained everything in due time. "Sorry, Ma'am" he said, feeling a bit guilty for startling the lovely lass. He really should have been paying attention but of course he'd let his mind get the better of him and now he was all a mess.

Rubbing one paw against his inner foreleg the male cast his eyes off the girl as he remarked. "You don't have to worry about me, I might not be able to land on all fours, but I'm as sturdy as a elm!" That tiny voice in the back of his head was laughing at him now, but the gentle giant just buried him below a million thoughts and smiled once more. He hoped that he wasn't going to scare her off again seeing how they'd just met... "So, you from around ...." he asked.. and yet as he questioned her he realized the girl was leaning closer to him instead of moving away. He paused in the middle of his words as he chuckled at how silly it all was. "Here?"

It seemed that she realized she'd been caught outright in whatever she'd been doing as she suddenly had babbled out a question to him as well. He cleared his throat as he blushed under his pelt. "No, not exactly.." His ears flicked to the side in embarassment as he admitted. "I was thinking.. " Normally when one was thinking though, they didn't pelt crosscountry in the dark without a care, though perhaps he was a bit suicidal as well seeing how he had almost killed himself, if he wasn't as sturdy as a elm that was.

Sankor smiled when he realized as she offered her name that he hadn't given his either. "It's quite alright.. I'm Sankor" he said with a nervous laugh. Atleast he knew he wasn't the only one making mistakes and fouling everything up tonight. Something sure was wrong with the pair of them!

Messages In This Thread