In a place I could not find, nor heart obey
She should have figured that the boy wouldn't have left on his own, when he was young he seemed so happy and alive that she had been heartbroken when the small boy had disappeared from her life. To hear the story outloud made her wince to try and imagine what it must have been like to be lost and alone after having belonged somewhere. She knew if she did actually stop to think about it she would realize she knew how he felt already, her very life now felt so wrong, she felt so lost and alone, even in the mists of it all. She managed another slight smile as she admitted. "I'm glad you found your way back Pepe.." Iskata knew once that their family had been complete, a mother, a father and children.. now they were scattered to the wind and few remained close though deep down she knew they'd always be family. Now though the father had disappeared to the winds and it was Iskata alone who stood to greet the long lost child.

The soft growl that had emerged as she spoke of the accident made her pause a moment and yet it seemed that the so abrupt noise disappeared just as quickly. She cast her face to the side, she could tell he was sizing up the damage that had been done to her and she knew that she was no beauty to the eyes anymore... but everything had already happened and there was nothing that could be done to change the past. Her paws worked at the snowy ground below her as she came to realize that she really didn't know what to do anymore. Here she was one of the leaders of the pack and yet she had to be lead to and fro.. she couldn't see to patrol the borders and there was nothing she could do to help with the chores that came with working the lands anymore. A heavy weight lay in the pit of her stomach as the truth of it all came raining down.

Wrapped up in her own sorrows the scent of the grown child and the gentle nuzzle were almost too much as his soft whisper met her ears. She shook her head softly, almost about to weep as she said, "I'm not the Firefly lady anymore.." her words sad, [b]"that would be my daughter.." She turned her eyes towards Skylar as she was wrapped by the scent of Pepe, so familiar and yet so strange now. "This.. is Skylar, DaVinci's daughter.. my granddaughter." It was strange to admit such things, to realize over and over again that she was a grandmother. It was a happy feeling and yet as well after the accident it made her feel outdated. She turned those blood tinted orbs back to Pepe as she tried to offer him a real smile. "You're here now.. that's what matters Pepe.."

She heard Skylar move, probably in relation to having been announced to Pepe and offering her own greeting to the male. Iskata was quiet a moment and allowed the two the chance to exchange their own greetings, when Skylar had finished she asked softly. "Have you truly came home Pepe?" She didn't want to get her hopes up but she wanted him there.. more than anything she needed her family more than ever now. She'd lost enough with her sight and usefulness to their pack.. to have the family disappear as well would be the death of her.

Messages In This Thread