drowning in my own skin
Iskata had sent Skylar away after Pepe had been accepted into the pack, it was the last member she'd ever accept into the pack and she knew it. She'd made her choice then and there when she realized how much she was forced to depend on Skylar to do anything, to get anywhere.. to know she herself was safe. How could she be what they expected her to be when she was putting them in danger. She no longer was worth her weight, there was nothing she could do and no use to them, why couldn't they just be truthful to her and say it outloud.

She raised her muzzle off her paws as the door to the cabin was open, the scent told her it was Deuce but she knew nothing more than that. She was greeted with the cheerful sound of the Shaman's voice, her friend and co-leader's voice as she crossed the room to check up on what was left of the salvage. Iskata turned her blood tinged eyes to the other as she said firmly. "Don't .." She knew she looked no better than she had before and she knew oneday that the scars would fade but her eyesight would never return and the shattered hindleg was useless. "How am I suppose to feel?" she asked bitterly as she turned back and worried at her nails. Gnawing and nipping at them because there was nothing better to do.

Pink streaks marred her cheeks, tears of frustration as she suddenly exploded. "Why can't you be honest with me, why treat me like I'm a child!" Those blood tinged tears that rolled down her cheeks sparkled in the firelight as Iskata howled sorrowfully. "I'm useless to you all.." If it had been for anything else the MAtriarch would have taken her wounds with dignity, but that was before having the respect of her pack and family, the normal patrol and feeding of the livestock.. that would have been before she found her place in this world. Now everything was enveloped in darkness and she was drowning on dry ground.

Messages In This Thread