Long Distances
[html]
http://i76.photobucket.com/albums/j40/k ... mfenv2.png); background-position: center center; background-repeat: no-repeat;">

500+

The black she-wolf smiled softly. "Indeed, as Dahlia de Mai has been to me.... I love the country from whence I came, but..." she struggled with the diction for a moment before deciding to continue. "Dahlia has provided for me a safety that I did not know could exist in the world." The female’s soft smile took on a somber tone as the white eyes dropped to the earth. She was truly grateful that she had finally made it to these lands. Having fallen silent, the female lifted her gaze, saying, "My ancestor was a member of the pack Clouded Tears, however fleeting of a member he was. It seems that the pack has disbanded, but I could ask for nothing better than Dahlia de Mai." The smile brightened once more; she did not wish for the other female to take pity on her.

The female was surprised. "I cannot imagine a place so barren...." There was little of the human remnants that she found beautiful. Some of the effigies were quite beautiful, and the weapons were intriguing, but she did not like the edifices that the humans had left behind. They were so...regular in shape, and she found that to be an un-beautiful thing. Indeed, there were those houses that provided fleeting shelter, but the wild she-wolf could not find it in herself to remain in such an abode for long. Of course, her life had been one of wandering, where the earth had been her bed and the heavens her blankets, and once such freedom had been experienced, it was difficult to regress.

As the Geneva continued to speak, Cwmfen fell silent, listening quietly to the words that the other had to offer. There was something about the tone that told her to be silent and to listen. There was a sadness in them, though it was not so intense as to press itself upon her own soul. But the colour of that sadness was a wash of slate and blue, perhaps with a streak of crimson and white, and she knew then of the pain that lurked within the other. The stone-hued female had lost her pups, and, evidently, her mate—or lover, at least. Cwmfen felt a great sadness wash over herself, and she wished that she could convey her emotions to the other. But all she could find to say was, "Oh, Geneva...." with silver tones, quiet like the whisper of the dying. And then, at length, "They have already found peace across that river called Death." Her soft Caledonian lilt took on a strange tone, as if she were reciting the rites of the dead.

Cwmfen nic Graine, sighed quietly. "The world is always throwing hardships upon us. Perhaps it is because we wander the world seeking Truth and happiness while it is always so near to us to begin with...." She turned to the other, wishing that she was strong enough to share her story with the other, but it was still too early for her. The woad-marked female smiled again, hoping that she had adequately conveyed her remorse, and feeling suddenly closer to this female that she had only just met.

[/html]

Messages In This Thread