bittersweet song
[html]
http://img353.imageshack.us/img353/2811/jackaltir4.png); background-position:top; background-repeat:no-repeat;">

wc 274 This is my first time using a table. I hope I've done it right.

It was snowing again. It was a pleasant snow, though, nothing like the near blizzard Kasch had arrived in. Since he’d arrived, he’d been staying indoors as much as possible. It seemed there was something disturbing the others, but no one had bothered to explain matters to him. So he just watched and listened quietly, hoping to figure things out for himself.
It got boring, since no one was talking much. He knew he needed to get used to walking in this white mush. So, since there was nothing going on inside and no one had given him anything to do yet, Kasch wrapped an old but thick and warm blanket around himself and went out for a walk.
After half an hour, he began to think that perhaps it had been a foolish idea. No one was out here, no one who wanted to talk anyway. With a sigh, he turned in the direction of the nearest building and hoped there would be something interesting going on there.
Before long, he could see the porch of the cottage. He could also see someone sitting there. The jackal boy pulled his blanket tighter around his shoulders and trotted over. Maybe the person on the porch would feel like talking. The thought of someone new to talk with brought a bit of warmth back into him.
Attention to detail wasn’t one of his strengths. So he didn’t really register the appearance of the woman on the porch. He might have hesitated if he had. Instead, the youngster hopped right up onto the porch and introduced himself cheerfully.
"Hello! I’m new here, my name is Kasch."

[/html]

Messages In This Thread