you're yesterday's child to me
[html]
http://i57.photobucket.com/albums/g210/ ... itable.png);background-position:bottom;background-repeat:no-repeat;">
Lifehouse's Storm. If you've never heard the song... listen to it. Very pretty song.

He did not turn back to her just then, standing where the window waited for him and his eye traveled miles away, gazing out into the emptiness of the white, snowswept field of cold and lifelessness out beyond what he could see. There was nothing there but snow and wind, sweeping at the earth ever so slowly in the prime of its season. It was bleak, it was frightening. She'd said she was afraid, before; what had he done? He'd just told her things were okay. The heartless cyclops hadn't stepped to her and embraced her, hadn't smiled at her, hadn't removed that cold frost in his voice that was always there. He didn't know what she had expected out of him when she'd placed him as subleader. He didn't have any potential. Jefferson had some morals, some maturity, a whole lot of experience... but he couldn't lead anything. Not like Iskata had done. His heart lurched. His mind spun. He couldn't think straight.

He was singing.

"How long have I been in this storm
So overwhelmed by the ocean's shapeless form
Water's getting harder to tread
With these waves crashing over my head

If I could just see you
Everything will be alright
If I'd see you
The storminess will turn to light.

And I will walk on water
And you will catch me if I fall
And I will get lost into your eyes
And everything will be alright
And everything will be alright...
"

His voice had fallen into a whisper by its end, when he first realized what he was doing, and his eye suddenly lifted from its daze as it stared out into the snow. He had a soft side. ...At least Iskata had already known that. He couldn't find words to express what had happened thereafter, but what was said was self-explanatory... for her, not for he. She was the one drowning, the one who needed catching. She couldn't see him, no.

But she knew he was there. And everything would be all right...

[/html]

Messages In This Thread