two paths
[html]
http://i57.photobucket.com/albums/g210/ ... itable.png);background-position:bottom;background-repeat:no-repeat;">
--

Their conversation was meeting every thick-hearted emotion there was--love, hate, sadness, fun... and everything in between, somehow. There was a sort of rawness to the brute whenever Jefferson found himself talking to DaVinci; the cyclops didn't hold up his guard, knew he didn't have to teach him anything, knew the silver-furred rival of his was as smart as he was. Out of the few people that Jefferson had come to call his actual companions, DaVinci had become one of them. Somehow, the idiot had become trustworthy. But when he admitted that one-eyed creature could not be put in the middle, well, Jefferson frowned and watched him, choosing not to interfere with his decision there... at least, not yet.

"What?" Jefferson grunted grimly when an accomplice was somehow entered into the conversation. It hadn't even crossed his mind that someone could have assisted in Iskata's attack--why hadn't he asked? Why hadn't she said something? His head spun a brief moment, but the brute shook it off and inhaled deeply, closing his eye a moment to regain his composure. It was in the past, yes, and worrying about it now wouldn't do anything. He'd worry about it later... when it could be acted upon, no doubt. "We'll get him somehow, DaVinci," the brute shrugged. The anger bubbled beneath, but it was somehow stifled at its surface. "Not just for Iskata's sake... for Zana's, yours, mine, and everyone else." And he meant it.

He figured the love that Zana deserved, well... "You know how to treat kids, DaVi," he said quietly, watching the child now that she had been set free from his grip. "You know how to love them. I can do what I can, but... you're the one who can do the best for her. ...You know that."

His tone changed completely, when a new came come up. His expression brightened altogether, ears perked, and a smirk slid across his face. "Ryan?" he laughed openly, shaking his head. The irony and coincidence was thick. "Small world, DaVinci. She's a good kid." Now that he was thinking about it, he supposed they were sort of a similar type. "Tell you what, DaVinci... you bring her here somehow, and I'll find her a way in. I don't care what her stupid blood is. You tell her I'd finish teaching her how to read and everything." He smirked... it was all too funny, somehow.

[/html]

Messages In This Thread