bound for flames
So I finally watched The Dark Knight and Bale's "Batman" voice just about ruined the movie for me and made me cringe throughout the movie. :| (But omg Ledger-Joker is fucking ftw. Best Joker ever.)
[html]

“Yes,” she answered, barely hesitating long enough to think about the question. “You just don't know it.” He was two different sides of a coin, she could see that. He had been that way a long time, maybe. It was enough to make her set her jaw uneasily, enough to stir the bile and the wine settling in her stomach. Something in the car popped loudly, leaving the contents yet unaffected within it to shift just as uneasily as the gears and cogs in her mind did. A hundred questions could have very well been dancing in circles on the tip of her tongue, but she couldn't find anything to say for several moments.

The chill of the air enveloped her finally and she fought the urge to shiver. It had always been this way, it always boiled down to this. She pressed on. “How long have things been like this?” And what difference did it honestly make? What difference would it make? “Is this because of her and what she did that you do these things? Or was it me, or any of the others?” Maybe absolution was a stupid thing to look for, but it was incredibly easy for her to want to place blame somewhere else; to fuel a useless fight over and on multiple fronts.

[/html]

Messages In This Thread