I sunk below where I swore I would never go
[html]
I hope this is okay.

He still thought of the promises they'd made each other, when they'd first fallen in love. It was like an exchange of gifts, each vow strengthening their devotion, making each of them happier. He liked thinking of it that way. Pride swelled within him every time he thought of what he'd said—he would never drink again—and that he had still held true to his word. Anything for her.

He wasn't angry with Savina for fighting Hybrid. She'd not been able to help it, and he understood that. Kansas sighed as he pushed open the door to their room. He inhaled sharply when he saw her huddled on their floor, blood oozing from one of the wounds on her arm. She had shifted: one of the things she had been told not to do. He sighed softly, moving to her side in an instant. "Savina—" A pause as he took the hand of her wounded arm. "Let... let me see..." His voice was softly morose.

He wanted to help her so badly. Rising to his feet, he gazed frantically about the room, looking for something to help. His days helping Naniko with injured animals had been very beneficial; he knew what he was looking for. He soon found a thin cotton blanket, which he took and pressed firmly against the open sore. "Can... you hold that there?" He wished to take her into his arms. The moment was tense; he didn't know what she needed from him. She obviously didn't want his help. Or else she would have come to him first... Like she'd promised him. And that was what hurt the most. "Why did you shift...?" A feeble attempt to prove to her that he could help. Because he cared enough to question her.

[/html]

Messages In This Thread