funny how these things come about
[html]
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v298/ ... blebg3.png);background-repeat:no-repeat;background-position:bottom">
SWAYING TO THE RHYTHM
OF THE NEW WORLD ORDER

cakeThe woman's words were brief and she didn't elaborate on them; Bane raised a brow at this, finding it a mildly interesting thing that she wouldn't speak of herself. Most of the world was populated by talkers. He was the rare listener; it was an unusual thing to meet another one, or at least a person who didn't care to discuss things that may have mattered. Of course, it wasn't her answer the man was truly interested in; as always, it was the reaction he was looking for. He had gotten one, in some form or another. Perhaps in that manner, at least, they were alike.

cake"I was born here." Honesty was a virtue, the dying jackal-man had told him, and it was one of the few virtues the dark wolf could call his own. She had called him son. Once upon a time, in the South, the man's father would call him that. It was a funny thing, to hear it again. In the Land of the Midnight Sun, he would have been considered older. But during wartime, the boys died young. "I left, and then I came back. So yes and no." It would depend on how she defined 'from.' Either way, he wasn't interested in his own story. Some part of him wanted to know hers. "What about you, ma'am?"

[/html]

Messages In This Thread