the mystery which binds me still
[html]
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v298/ ... blebg3.png);background-repeat:no-repeat;background-position:bottom">
SWAYING TO THE RHYTHM
OF THE NEW WORLD ORDER

cakeOptime. He's virtually always shifted.

cakeThrough the skulls, Bane caught sight of the halfling walking towards him. Bane was smiling, that same genial smile, long before the man could likely see it. The mid-morning sun streamed down on him, and yet he remained still as a statue, self-control keeping him steady, mind and body alike. Like his ancestors, the dark wolf was sensitive to minor shifts in mood; the instinct was always awake, always alert, and it spoke to him in ways most people wouldn't have been able to comprehend. There was no fear in the hybrid that approached him, and Bane understood that this wasn't only because they were on his lands.

cakeThe dark wolf was a dominant person. This trait had left him stranded in his youth, but Bane had grown up since then, and knew more of the world now, perhaps too much for being the age he was. His dominance didn't lend itself to a leadership role, it didn't make him want to start a revolution. It did straighten his back and make him walk with his head up, it did make him understand that he was a step above others, and that men like him were rare. Men like him, who were the only ones in this world who deserved true respect. He knew Gabriel didn't trust him. Bane could read it in those eyes, glasses or not, as easily as he could see the sky was blue. It hardly mattered. Gabriel spoke and the lack of weakness in his voice, in the way he stood, was a curious thing. It was no wonder the halfling reminded him so strongly of someone.
cake"I am, thank you, Gabriel of the Western Kingdoms," and as he spoke, there was a masked amusement in his voice. Whether this was directed towards the skulls, his own tendency to give people titles (in war, these were earned), or something else entirely wasn't wholly clear. His voice was as steady and respectful as his stance. These, after all, were not his lands. The fireworks were in his head again. "It's convenient that you would show up. I'm glad your less wolf-tolerant inferiors didn't notice I was here. I hope I'm not interrupting anything."

[/html]

Messages In This Thread