the mystery which binds me still
[html]
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v298/ ... blebg3.png);background-repeat:no-repeat;background-position:bottom">
SWAYING TO THE RHYTHM
OF THE NEW WORLD ORDER

cakeSomething about this felt surreal. Something about this reminded him of the nights he had spent with the group of kids he had fallen in with directly after leaving his father. There had been so much Bane hadn't understood then, and he had made up for this by substituting his own reality. Now, he had returned to that place of haze and fractured memories as he stood with this strange halfling, this resolute, wary man with the wolf blood in his veins, the blood that ultimately meant nothing because it had been rejected. In the old city he would have been killed. To fraternize with the enemy was a great crime, worthy of the gallows or the guillotine. He had to remind himself they weren't the enemy any longer.

cake"Of course not." Bane smiled (through the murmering in his head) as he said this, as real a smile as he could manage. His curiosity had brought him here, and he knew it was the same thing that had brought Gabriel out from his safe haven. He didn't expect friendship. He thought of Siobhan and pondered the irony of the situation. "I wouldn't presume to expect an invitation into your home. It's not my place." It was enough to expect the man's time. "I did meet a few of your clan members, however. Corona the Golden and the young lady Siobhan. They seemed quite friendly." It wasn't a challenge, merely an observation, and he spoke idly as if he were talking to himself. He wasn't sure if the non-wolves here held a kill-on-sight policy here like they had at home, but there were always some who followed it regardless. In his head, the dead jackal spoke the ancient words to him and he looked up, quietly, to the sky.

[/html]

Messages In This Thread