Smile and drop the cliché
[html]
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v298/ ... blebg3.png);background-repeat:no-repeat;background-position:bottom">
SWAYING TO THE RHYTHM
OF THE NEW WORLD ORDER

cakeShe accepted his offer and he was glad for it; there were few things less appealing than an ungrateful lady. With a brief smile, eyes as vacant and intense as ever, the dark wolf moved forward and took her spot in the snow. He put on his glasses as he picked up her hatchet. It was a good to be able to see while doing this kind of thing. And then he set to work, the very sound of the blade reminding him of days past, days he had left behind to rot in memory. He focused instead on the current, and the chocolate-coloured halfling woman who sat before him. She smelled of the forest, and nothing more. A loner, one of the smart ones.

cakeRachias Tears. As she said the words, he lifted his eyes to her face without moving his head, studying her face. Despite having had found his glasses before meeting Laruku, Bane didn't recall much of what the man had looked like. He remembered the unseeing eyes, the too-thin body, the smell in the air of death as he lingered, waiting and watching. A curious thing, this was. "In a sense, yes, I am from here. I was born here, ma'am, but raised elsewhere." It was a question he was asked frequently, an appropriate conversation starter, he figured. "I apologise if it's none of my business, Miss Tears, but you wouldn't be related to Laruku Tears in any way?" Mild curiosity tinged his low baritone, and his eyes flitted back down to the log as he spoke, intent on continuing his work. Strange turn of events, if her answer was yes: for once, it would be him recognising a stranger for something.

[/html]

Messages In This Thread