Talking to the ones that are not there
[html]
I'm definitely not writing that much Big Grin -fail- But this looked lonely. Is...one person and one NPC okay with you? edit: and look! I did write some Big GrinD

Anu had been something that she just hadn't felt like dealing with tonight. Naniko was very much in love with her mate, but there were times when she absolutely could not stand to be around her. Why was Anu so suspicious of her all the time, and about what she did with their puppies? Pups had to learn! She hadn't put them in any danger by letting them meet their father; in fact, she felt that she was protecting them. She had told them that he wasn't safe and that he was still sick, and now they knew what he looked like. At least, Mati and Haven did. She didn't know when or if Brooklyn or Salem would see Conri.

The disgruntled wolf had taken off from Crimson Dreams in a huff after the argument, walking off into the night without another look back. She would give Anu some time alone to think about things; she'd made her case, and now she would have to just wait and see if the timberwolf would come around. She'd wanted to visit AniWaya anyway, to see how her sibling was faring there, but hadn't actually intended on going tonight. She didn't know why her feet had taken her there of all places.

Just as she was beginning to enter the borders she heard a sound, and turned around quickly. A stark-white wolf stood a few yards back, its ears held down and its tail low to the ground. "Mama? I saw you--I followed you here. I was worried. Is you okay?" It was Brooklyn. The Commander looked back at her daughter, trying to decide what to say. What would be appropriate to tell her? Not much. She didn't want it getting back to Anu that she was talking to their children about what they argued about, either. "I'm alright. I thought I would take a little trip, is all."

That was a good answer. Naniko was often found around her children and mate, and not many others. She had taken a lot of time off from her social life to stay in the den and care for the pups, and only now was she beginning to branch out again. Brooklyn had the ability to go off on her own, too, but she often followed her mother on her various trips outside of the packlands. "Oh. You isn't leaving...us for good?" The pup asked. "Is what I thought. I just see'd you leavin'"

Naniko shook her head. "No. Not for good. I promise." She answered as the other white wolf approached, sitting down beside her. "I was going to see Ember. Maybe she'll come to the border if we wait around a bit. If she doesn't, though, we can head back together. Alright?"

[/html]

Messages In This Thread