bound for flames
[html]

Ahren knew that anyone was capable of murder. He knew this because once, a long time ago, he had not expected himself to be this way. There was something much stronger in their blood and it drove them to this. As long as they lived, the de le Poer house would survive through tooth and claw. They would do this because it was how it was meant to be done. Above the demons, the curses, and whatever excuses they gave themselves, they had this one terrible prologue.
     He smiled at her still, as certain as he had ever been. “Because I know you’ll do it,” he asserted. Both hands hit the ground and pushed him up. Ahren swayed on his feet and his back hit the wall, but he managed to regain his footing (for the time being at least). “I used to be able to see the future,” the blonde man babbled, leaning his head back against the cold brick. “I want you to promise me,” Ahren urged, his eyes focused on her—and for one brief moment, terrible sober. “Promise me,” he repeated, stronger, more urgent.

[/html]

Messages In This Thread